Thursday 29 March 2018

I am the one who is not good at it

Following my post about this book before, you can read the synopsis from all 4 books in the publisher website here, as i just want to share a few quotes that hit me the most. These books is for kids age 8-12 years old but still i enjoy it so much. i love it because the words are so relatable and i would like to share it here.

It is from one of the books in the series, book no 3 Confectionately Yours : Sugar and spice.

Source : Scholastic

"Sometimes the people who most want to share are the ones who aren't very good at it". (Papademetriou, 2013, p. 111)
I find myself in that kind of position many times. Sharing personal thought or problem is something i done when someone else is opening up to me. I think i dont really open up to others except for my family. I admit that i am not really good at putting words, my story sound bland and boring as i heard myself when i talk to someone else. Or when the other person seem not interested in my story so its better for me to stop. 

Because i myself feeling that way so i always cut the story short, summarize the story to part i think important and end up feeling why it is always me who listen to others?. I wish others listen to me as much i listen to others. There are people who insist to tell his or her story no matter what and dont really care if the other person pay attention or half halfheartedly listen to it because it is their way 
to release stress or express the pent up feeling inside them. I dont do that. At that time I will become quiet and dont talk to anyone because it is already too loud inside me.

But it is wrong to label all people the same. Maybe it is just me who feel this way, maybe they also want to hear my whole story, I am the one who is not good at it.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Buku yg lain pun cover dia tema macam ni. comel kan macam nak makan.

      Delete
  2. We have same problem, im also not good with words. Thats why bila cakap dengan orang, saya tengok mata, kalau mata dia tengok tempat lain i'll stop talking huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe tulah kan. kadang rasa baik cpt cpt je habiskan cerita ni bukan org lain nk dengar pun

      Delete
  3. These books is for kids age 8-12 years old but still i enjoy it so much. - i thought for 12 yrs & above..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. According to the publisher website. But i also think 12 yrs & above is more suit for this book.

      Delete
  4. I like your writing!!! Done followed you.. hehe do followback :)

    ReplyDelete